Hindus across the world are gearing up to mark Raksha Bandhan, that celebrates the bond between brothers and sisters. On the auspicious day, sisters tie a thread (rakhi) on the wrist of brothers, expressing the love for them and pray for their well-being. In return, the brothers make a lifelong vow to protect their sisters.
On the special occasion of Raksha Bandhan (7 August) IBTimes Singapore has hand picked top quotes and messages to share with your loved ones.
Top 5 quotes to send on Raksha Bandhan
- "To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident - it is to have a soulmate for life." - Victoria Secunda
- "Half the time when brothers wrestle, it's just an excuse to hug each other. - James Patterson
- "Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. - Marc Brown
- "If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day - that's the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That's the only reason I'm OK right now." - Amaury Nolasco
- "Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet." - Vietnamese Proverb
Best messages to share on Raksha Bandhan
- You are my best friend. You stand by me when I am alone, you make feel happy when I am low. Thanks for being with me always. Thanks dear. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- Having a you is like having a best friend I can't get rid of. I know whatever I do, you will still be there. Happy Raksha Bandhan
- It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on! Happy Rakhi dear.
- We gain and lose things everyday. But trust me on one thing. You'll never lose me. I will always be here. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident - it is to have a soulmate for life.