It is that time of the year when the prices of flowers, chocolates, scented candles and anything red or pink in general will be going to go up tenfold. The couples all around the world would be busy making some special plans to celebrate this Valentine's Day with their special someone.
But, for all you people who do not have any "special someone" and are planning to sit back at home, don't be upset. No longer does being single mean resigning yourself to one day of torture every year, while all your friends would be posting annoyingly smug photos on Instagram. IBTimes Singapore has compiled a list of some interesting anti-love quotes to share among your single buddies on this year's mushiest day.
- "Being single is pretty good. It's a nice sense of irresponsibility." - Michael Douglas (Actor)
- "My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met." — Rodney Dangerfield
- "Valentine's Day is for couples. Us SINGLES have the other 364 days of the year to enjoy ourselves!"
- "By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." — Socrates
- "A kiss may ruin a human life." — Oscar Wilde
- "Today is Valentine's Day - Or, as men like to call it, Extortion Day!" - Jay Leno
- "Don't talk to me about Valentine's Day. At my age an affair of the heart is a bypass!" - Joan Rivers
- "Love means exposing yourself to the pain of being hurt by someone you trust."
- "I think, therefore I'm single." - Liz Winston (Author)
- "Love is a promise delivered already broken." — Steve Martin
- "The course of true love never did run smooth." – Shakespeare
- "Love is an exploding cigar we willingly smoke." — Lynda Barry
- "I wish that Valentine's Day came with a fast-forward button..."
- "Falling in love is so hard on the knees." —Aerosmith
- "Love is a grave mental disease." - Plato