Singapore: Vietnamese man decapitated after falling from 15th-storey hotel room
Representational image of a dead body Reuters

A 44-year-old man has died from hypothermia in Thailand after he slept with three fans blowing cool air at him.

Reports said that the man had turned on the fans before going to sleep on Thursday night. But, the sudden drop in early-morning temperature resulted into the fatal tragedy in Muang district at Chaiyaphum.

The police was informed after the body of the victim, who has been identified as Sobthawee Boonkua, was discovered at his relative's house in Tambon Nai Muang. Pol Lt Colonel Thanasit Apiboonworaset of Muang Chaiyaphum police went to inspect the scene at about 8.30 am along with a medical examiner and emergency workers.

Saravuth Boonkua, the deceased's elder brother, told Asia News Network that the victim had gone to stay at the house to take care of their ailing 86-year-old mother Udom Boonkua.

According to a medical examiner, Sobthawee had died from hypothermia as his body couldn't adjust to the sudden cold and had gone into shock.

The victim's family accepted his cause of death and said that they would collect his body for religious rites later.