St Patrick's Day is observed by Irish nationals around the world on 17 March.
The feast of St Patrick is celebrated in countries including Ireland, the United States, Denmark, Argentina with parades, green beer, and people wear green clothes on the occasion.
IBTimes Singapore has compiled top ten quotes to share with family and friends during the cultural and religious celebration.
- "There are only two kinds of people in the world, The Irish and those who wish they were."
- "An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass to keep from falling off the earth."
- "May the luck of the Irish be with you!"
- "May the enemies of Ireland never eat bread nor drink whiskey, but be afflicted with itching without the benefit of scratching."
- "May the roof above us never fall in, and may we friends beneath it never fall out."
- "If you're lucky enough to be Irish, then you're lucky enough."
- "The Irish do not want anyone to wish them well; they want everyone to wish their enemies ill."
- "St Patrick -- one of the few saints whose feast day presents the opportunity to get determinedly whacked and make a fool of oneself all under the guise of acting Irish." - Charles M. Madigan
- "Every St Patrick's Day every Irishman goes out to find another Irishman to make a speech to." - Shane Leslie
- "The shamrock is a religious symbol. St Patrick said the leaves represented the trinity: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. That's why four leaf clovers are so lucky, you get a bonus Jesus." - Stephen Colbert