International Yoga Day will be held on 21 June.
On the occasion, IBTimes Singapore has picked the top ten quotes from famous personalities.
- "Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured." - BKS Iyengar
- "I was in yoga the other day. I was in full lotus position. My chakras were all aligned. My mind is cleared of all clatter and I'm looking out of my third eye and everything that I'm supposed to be doing. It's amazing what comes up, when you sit in that silence. Mama keeps whites bright like the sunlight, Mama's got the magic of Clorox 2." - Ellen DeGeneres
- "For me, yoga is not just a workout - it's about working on yourself." - Mary Glover
- "Yoga is the fountain of youth. You're only as young as your spine is flexible." - Bob Harper
- "The most important pieces of equipment you need for doing yoga are your body and your mind." - Rodney Yee
- "Yoga is a way to freedom. By its constant practice, we can free ourselves from fear, anguish and loneliness." - Indra Devi
- "A lot of exercise is mindless; you can have music or the radio on and not be aware. But if you're aware in anything you do - and it doesn't have to be yoga - it changes you. Being present changes you." - Mariel Hemingway
- "Yoga is a science, and not a vague dreamy drifting or imagining. It is an applied science, a systematized collection of laws applied to bring about a definite end. It takes up the laws of psychology, applicable to the unfolding of the whole consciousness of man on every plane, in every world, and applies those rationally in a particular case. This rational application of the laws of unfolding consciousness acts exactly on the same principles that you see applied around you every day in other departments of science." - Annie Besant
- "You can enter yoga, or the path of yoga, only when you are totally frustrated with your own mind as it is. If you are still hoping that you can gain something through your mind, yoga is not for you." - Osho
- "Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are." - Jason Crandell