WhatsApp has long been limited to iPhone users on iOS, despite being the most-widely used instant messenger across the globe. The app is available on every other platform except for iPad, including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac and web-based client.
The non-availability of WhatsApp on iPad has paved the way for releasing a modified version of the original, which is known as WhatsPad++. Folks at Redmond Pie have shared a simple guide to help us install the WhatsApp equivalent on any iPad running iOS 10 and without requiring to jailbreak the device.
Steps to install WhatsApp on iPad running iOS 10 without jailbreak
- Ensure that you have downloaded the necessary WhatsPad++ IPA file which is the modified version of WhatsApp with support for iPad.
- After you have downloaded the IPA file, you just need to sideload the app using either Xcode or Cydia Impactor. If you are using Xcode, simply follow the step-by-step guide posted here and replace iFile with WhatsPad++ IPA file. Otherwise, you can follow the steps for sideloading WhatsPad++ using Cydia Impactor here.
- After installing the WhatsPad++ app on your device, you will need to add it to Trusted Certificate list in order to launch it without errors. Open Settings and go to General > Device Management. Now select the appropriate certificate associated with WhatsPad++.
- Select Trust and then hit Trust again when prompted for confirmation.
- Quit the Settings app, select WhatsPad++ icon on the Home screen and double tap on it to launch the app. When prompted to activate the service, just use the number linked to your active SIM card on the mobile phone.
That's it. You can now enjoy a seamless WhatsApp experience on your iPad without actually jailbreaking it.
[Source: Redmond Pie]