Father's Day is celebrated worldwide to recognise the contribution that fathers and father figures make to the lives of their children. It is observed every year on the third Sunday of June, and this year the day will be celebrated on June 18.
People across the globe take the day as an opportunity to pay tribute to their fathers and shower them with gifts and kind deeds. On the occasion, IBTimes Singapore has hand-picked up top ten quotes to mark Father's Day 2017.
- It is a wise father that knows his own child. - William Shakespeare
- "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain
- "One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters." - George Herbert
- "My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, 'You're tearing up the grass'; 'We're not raising grass,' Dad would reply. 'We're raising boys'." - Harmon Killebrew
- "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me." -Jim Valvano
- "I think my mom put it best. She said, 'Little girls soften their daddy's hearts'." - Paul Walker
- "I'm a strong person, I'm a strong family man, I'm a strong husband and a strong father." - David Beckham
- "It's an ongoing joy being a dad." - Liam Neeson
- "My dad's my best mate, and he always will be." - Cher Lloyd
- "I mean, I look at my dad. He was twenty when he started having a family, and he was always the coolest dad. He did everything for his kids, and he never made us feel like he was pressured. I know that it must be a great feeling to be a guy like that." - Adam Sandler