Galaxy Note 3 LTE (N9005) users can now enjoy the latest Nougat experience on their handset with the release of Android 7.1.1 based CyanogenMod 14.1 (CM14.1) ROM. As this is not an official release by Samsung, you will require some custom recovery software (CWM or TWRP) to install the ROM and Google Apps zip files on your phone.
Interested users may go ahead and install the latest Android 7.1.1 CM14.1 ROM, using our step-by-step guide posted below.
IBTimes SG reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after installing the CM14.1 ROM. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Cell data
- Ensure that you have access to the computer and the original USB cable.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone via Developer Options as follows: Go to menu > settings > about phone and then tap seven times repeatedly on the firmware build number. The USB debugging mode will now be accessible via menu > settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that your smartphone has at least 80% battery charge before you proceed with the installation procedure. Otherwise, you may lose data if your device shuts down abruptly due to low battery charge.
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Download the Android 7.1.1 CM14.1 ROM and Google Apps package to your computer, using the download links provided. It is advisable to save the downloaded files to the desktop for ease of access.
- Turn on your Galaxy Note 3 LTE and connect it to the computer via USB cable.
- Choose the downloaded files on the desktop and then copy them from the computer to your Galaxy Note 3.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer. Turn off the phone by pressing and holding the Power key for a few seconds.
- Now boot the Galaxy Note 3 into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons together for about five to ten seconds.
- Once you enter recovery mode, perform wipe data factory reset, wipe cache partition and then wipe dalvik cache.
- Wait until the wipe process completes and then you can start the firmware installation process. Select Install zip from SD card, followed by Choose zip from SD card.
- You can now browse and select the Android 7.1.1 CM14.1 ROM to install the same.
- Repeat the previous step to install Google Apps package on your Galaxy Note 3.
- Once Gapps is also installed, return to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot system now.
That's it. Android 7.1.1 CyanogenMod 14.1 ROM is now successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005.