Moto G4 and G4 Plus users in the US are in for some good news as Motorola has finally started rolling out the highly-anticipated Android 7.0 Nougat over-the-air (OTA) update for the handsets in the country. It has been a long wait for the US customers of Moto G handsets as the Indian counterparts have received the update almost three months ago.
Meanwhile, the Republic Wireless in the US has reportedly begun the soak test for the new Nougat update on both the Moto G handsets. The update bearing build number NPJ25.93-13 is currently under testing and will be rolled out to the public soon.
There are no further details available regarding the Nougat update at the moment, but it is being reported that it only includes the December 2016 security patch. Eligible Moto G users should be seeing the new Android 7.0 update notifications on their handset pretty soon.
Android 7.0 Nougat features
Some of the new features ported to the Nougat update include new multitasking capability, more efficient notification controls, improved data saver and battery functionality.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat OTA on Moto G4 and G4 Plus
Once the notification alert pops-up on your smartphone, here's how you can install the new Nougat update on Moto G4 and G4 Plus:
- Go to Apps > Settings > About Phone and select System Updates.
- Now tap on Update Motorola software and if there are any updates available, it should pop-up as a notification on the screen.
- When you are prompted to download the new update, just hit the Download button.
- Wait until the download completes, and then tap Install now.
- Once the update is installed, your phone should reboot automatically.