Final version Kodi 17.5 Krypton is now officially available to download for iOS, Android, macOS and Windows. The update comes with several major bug fixes and support for retina displays in Apple devices.
Kodi 17.5 Krypton brings a couple of performance enhancements and major bug fixes, aiming to deliver a seamless experience until the final version of 10.0 Leia surfaces before the year ends. The developers of the app focus on improving the stability of the build, which is a successor to Nightly builds in August and Release Candidate builds in September.
As for the tweaks, Kodi 17.5 Krypton comes with a fix for the joystick's accelerometers, forcing the screensaver not to pop up. The update also includes fixes for manually adding content to the video library and the IR remotes with macOS High Sierra and support for Retina displays.
The final version can be downloaded as APK, IPA and DEB files. For Mac, Linux and Windows users, DEB files can be download via kodi.tv/download. For iOS and Android users, IPA and APK files are available to download from here.
Here is the complete changelog:
- Joysticks: Fix accelerometers preventing screensaver
- More robust way of handling audio output on variety of Android devices
- Fix playback of DVD file over network on Linux
- Update to FFmpeg 3.1.11
- Fix up and down buttons on IR remotes with macOS High Sierra
- Added latest Apple devices to allow retina support
- Fix not being able to add content manually to video library
- Fix power message handling for CEC
- Fix jumping timeline while switching channel groups in Guide window
Make sure to update the Kodi Krypton app to the latest version to avoid issues as experienced in Kodi 17.4.