Kang Daniel, the center of the new Korean idol group sensation Wanna One, proved his phenomenal popularity again by grabbing the No. 1 spot in the brand reputation rankings for boy band members.
The 20-year-old singer scored 8.74 million in the September rankings released by the Korean Institute for Corporate Reputation which analyzed 137.91 million pieces of big data from August 15 to September 16 covering 320 individual members of Korean boy bands.
He previously took first place in the August rankings with 12.31 million just as Wanna One debuted on August 7.
Kang Daniel won first place in the survival TV show "Produce 101" Season 2 last June and the top 11 were launched as Wanna One.
He is also the first male to grace the cover of InStyle Korea magazine in 14 years.
His agency, MMO Entertainment, on the other hand, announced that Kang Daniel and Yoon Ji Sung have filed lawsuits against netizens and trolls who tried to besmirch their names with malicious comments.
"We have confirmed that there are malicious commenters who are thoughtlessly publishing posts that contain personal attacks on Kang Daniel as well as ones that are borderline sexual harassment."
In the September rankings, all Wanna One members placed in the top 12.
Grabbing a distant second place is Wanna One's Park Ji Hoon with 5.24 million followed by Wanna One and NU'EST member Hwang Min Hyun with 4.45 million, Wanna One's Ong Sung Woo with 3.68 million and Wanna One's Kim Jae Hwan with 3.58 million.
Placing sixth to 20th are:
6. Wanna One's Yoon Ji Sung - 3.13 million
7. Wanna One's Park Woo Jin - 3.05 million
8. Wanna One's Lee Dae Hwi - 3.01 million
9. Big Bang's Taeyang - 3 million
10. Wanna One's Ha Sung Woon - 2.93 million
11. Wanna One's Bae Jin Young - 2.67 million
12. Wanna One's Lai Guan Lin - 2.62 million
13. VIXX's N - 2.61 million
14. TVXQ's Changmin - 2.45 million
15. WINNER's Song Mino - 2.08 million
16. BTS' Jimin - 1.95 million
17. EXO's Baekhyun - 1.89 million
18. VIXX's Leo - 1.86 million
19. BTS' Jungkook - 1.81 million
20. Highlight's Lee Gikwang - 1.77 million