The winners of the 29th annual Seoul Music Awards have been announced at the Gocheok Sky Dome in Seoul. The announcements were made by popular celebrities from the Korean entertainment industry, including actress Kim So Hyun, actor Jang Dong Yoon, model-turned-actress Lee Da Hee and actor-cum-director Ha Jung Woo.
The nominees for this year included internationally popular K-Pop boy bands, such as EXO, BTS, Seventeen, Super Junior, GOT7 and Monsta X. Globally famous girl groups like Red Velvet, TWICE and Mamamoo, are also in the list. Korean singers nominated for the main award include EXO member Baek Hyun, Kang Daniel, EXO member Chen, IU, Kim Jae Hwan and Taeyeon.
EXO won the most number of awards from the Seoul Music Awards this year. The K-Pop boy band took home four awards, followed by BTS with three awards. It is also worth noting that BTS managed to create a new record this year. The boy group ranked second in the total number of awards bagged during the annual award ceremony, beating Super Junior. EXO is still maintaining a top position with 22 awards.
Here is the complete winners list of Seoul Music Awards 2020:
- Grand Prize (Daesang Award) â BTS
- Main Prize (Bonsang Awards) â NCT Dream, Chung Ha, Paul Kim, Red Velvet, BTS, EXO, MAMAMOO, Super Junior, Monsta X, NU'EST, Taeyeon and TWICE
- Record of the Year â BTS for Boy With Luv
- Record of the Year in Digital Release â Taeyeon for Four Seasons
- New Artist Award â Tomorrow X Together, AB6IX, ITZY
- R&B/Ballad Award â Kim Jae Hwan (Ballad) and Kassy (R&B)
- OST Award â Taeyeon for All About You form Hotel Del Luna
- Trot Award - Song Ga In
- Dance Performance Award â Ha Sung Woon
- Band Award â Daybreak
- Popularity Award â EXO
- Hallyu Special Award â EXO
- Discovery of the Year Award â Kim Hyun Chul
- QQ Music Popularity Award - EXO