Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910F) users are in for some great news as the industrious Android custom ROM developers have just released the Android 7.1.1 Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) based Emotion Nougat ROM for the handset. This release is especially significant as Samsung has ceased software support for all older devices whose 18-month support period has expired.
Some of the noteworthy features ported into the Android 7.1.1 Emotion Nougat ROM are listed below:
- Based on AOKP
- Rom compatible with SM-N910F and SM-N910G
- Rom Control
- OTA Updates
- DU Navigation Bar
- PA Pie Control
- Statusbar settings
- Theme Chooser
- App Circle Bar
- Recents Panel
- Cclock Widget
- LockScreen settings
- Notification Drawer settings
- Hardware keys settings
- All CM13 feaures
Interested Galaxy Note 4 users can go ahead and install the latest AOKP based Android 7.1.1 Emotion Nougat custom ROM on their handset, using the step-by-step guide posted below.
IBTimes SG reminds readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to device, during or after the ROM installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure that you have access to the computer and the original USB cable.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone via Developer Options as follows: Go to menu > settings > about phone and then tap seven times repeatedly on the firmware build number. The USB debugging mode will now be accessible via menu > settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that your smartphone has at least 80% battery charge before you proceed with the installation procedure. Otherwise, you may lose data if your device shuts down abruptly due to low battery charge.
Steps to install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Galaxy Note 4
- Download the Android 7.1.1 Emotion Nougat ROM and Google Apps package to your computer, using the download links provided. It is advisable to save the downloaded files to the desktop for ease of access.
- Turn on your Galaxy Note 4 and connect it to the computer via USB cable.
- Choose the downloaded files on the desktop and then copy them from the computer to your Galaxy Note 4.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer. Turn off the phone by pressing and holding the Power key for a few seconds.
- Now boot the Galaxy Note 4 into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons together for about five to ten seconds.
- Once you enter recovery mode, perform wipe data factory reset, wipe cache partition and then wipe dalvik cache.
- Wait until the wipe process completes and then you can start the firmware installation process. Select Install zip from SD card, followed by Choose zip from SD card.
- You can now browse and select the Emotion Nougat ROM to install the same.
- Repeat the previous step to install Google Apps package on your Galaxy Note 4.
- Once Gapps is also installed, return to the main recovery menu and tap on Reboot system now.
That's it. Android 7.1.1 Emotion Nougat ROM is now successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.