Korean idol group EXO earned more than $1 million in just one concert in California to rank eight on Billboard Boxscore, which tallies top-grossing concerts.
Based on the latest ranking, EXO grossed US$1,436,158 in one night from their concert held at The Forum, an indoor arena in Inglewood City in Los Angeles, California, on April 28 this year.
The concert was part of EXO's world tour "EXO Planet #3: The EXO'rDIUM," which started in Seoul in July last year and will end on May 28.
In the LA concert, EXO sold 8,668 tickets or 89 percent of the total 9,739 seats. Tickets were sold for $80, $100, $180 and $215.
Based on the Boxscore rankings, Byron Bay Bluesfest in Australia was No. 1 with $9.9 million in sales for five days from April 13-17. The concert's performers include Byron Bay Bluesfest: Patti Smith & Her Band, Zac Brown Band, Jimmy Buffett, Santana, Nas, Neil Finn, Mary J. Blige, The Lumineers, Buddy Guy, The Doobie Brothers and Madness.
The other concerts in the Top 10 Boxscore rankings are:
2. Bruno Mars, Anderson Paak in London, UK (April 18-19, 21-22), $6.37 million
3. Ed Sheeran, Anne-Marie, Ryan McMullan in London, UK (May 1-3), $5.09 million
4. Billy Joel in Los Angeles, California (May 13), $5.04 million
5. The Weeknd, Rae Sremmurd, Belly and 6lack in Inglewood, California (April 29-30), $3.37 million
6. John Mayer and Andreas Moe in London, UK (May 11-12), 1.73 million
7. The Chainsmokers, Kiiara, Emily Warren and Grandtheft in San Francisco, California (May 5-6), $1.44 million
8. EXO in Inglewood, California (April 28), $1.43 million
9. The Weeknd, Rae Sremmurd, Belly, 6lack in Atlanta, Georgia (May 13), $1.37 million
10. Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak in Zurich, Switzerland (May 12), $1.35 million