Princess Diana's 20th death anniversary falls on 31 August. The late first wife of Charles, the Prince of Wales, fondly remembered as the 'People's Princess' was killed in a car crash after being chased through Paris by photographers while traveling with her companion Dodi Al Fayed in 1997.
Princess Diana is remembered to this date for her active involvement in raising her two sons, Prince William and Prince Harry and dedication to charities, especially HIV and AIDS research, even while her marriage was falling apart.
While she's now gone, she's certainly not forgotten. IBTimes Singapore has gathered most famous quotes of Lady Di.
- "If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love."
- "Call me Diana, not Princess Diana."
- "Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can."
- "Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back."
- "I knew what my job was; it was to go out and meet the people and love them."
- "HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug: Heaven knows they need it."
- "Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life – a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are."
- "I want my boys to have an understanding of people's emotions, their insecurities, people's distress, and their hopes and dreams."
- "Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."
- "Family is the most important thing in the world."