Several iOS 10 - 10.2 users have been unable to jailbreak their device successfully using Yalu102, due to a bunch of errors associated with Cydia Impactor such as the 'provision.cpp.150' error which requires an app-specific password to be entered when prompted.
The error is reportedly associated with two-factor authentication feature enabled for your Apple ID and it can be fixed by simply generating an app-specific password and using it instead of the regular password. In an earlier IBTimes SG report, we discussed another troubleshooting guide to fix Cydia 'Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status' error.
Here's how to fix the 'provision.cpp:150' error in Cydia Impactor while jailbreaking iOS 10 - 10.2 on your iPhone/iPad using Yalu102:
Steps to fix 'provision.cpp:150' error in Cydia Impactor
- Open the URL https://applied.apple.com in Safari or any other browser and log in with your registered Apple ID and password.
- Now navigate to the Security section and hit the Edit button.
- Go to the section that says 'App-Specific Passwords' and click Generate Password.
- Assign a name for the password such as 'Yalu' and then click the Create button.
- Copy the generated password and enter the same into the Cydia Impactor authentication window when prompted for an Apple ID password.
That's it. Your device will no longer throw up the 'provision.cpp.150' error while jailbreaking iOS 10 - 10.2 using Yalu hack tool.
Alternatively, you can disable the two-factor authentication feature for your account and just use the normal password instead. Both these methods will help you resolve unwanted errors while installing the Yalu jailbreak.
[Source: iPhone Hacks]