Touted to be the wedding of the year, India cricket team captain Virat Kohli is all set to tie the knot with Bollywood star Anushka Sharma. Though an official announcement regarding the wedding date is yet to be made, close sources to the stars claim that it may happen within the next seven days. According to reports, the wedding will be conducted in a traditional Punjabi style in which Bhangra dancers will grace the event with elegance. It is also believed that top personalities in Indian cricket, including Sachin Tendulkar, are aware of the wedding date, but have been asked to keep the information private.
1. The wedding is expected to take place in Tuscany, Italy, which is considered as one of the most romantic destinations in the world
2. The nuptial ceremony will be conducted in a Heritage property
3. Tight security is maintained in and around the property, and only guests with the invitation will be allowed inside.
4. Bhangra dancers were spotted in the venue which indicates that the wedding ceremony will be conducted in a traditional Punjabi style
5. Some sources claim that the wedding will take place either on December 12 or December 15, 2017. However, no official statement has confirmed it yet.
6. Sachin Tendulkar and Yuvraj Singh are expected to reach Italy soon to attend the wedding
7. Bollywood celebrities including Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan are invited to the wedding. However, it is still not clear whether they will attend the ceremony
8. According to latest updates, Virat Kohli has planned a grand reception in a luxurious Mumbai Hotel on December 26, 2017, two days after the third T20 International between India and Sri Lanka
Check out some pictures of the lovely couple below:
Speculations of a breakup
Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma are one of the most envied couples in India and maybe even in the world. Since the day they fell in love, the duo has been the hottest topic for gossips and speculations. Tabloids reported that the bad form of Virat in his career, a year back, was due to the involvement of Anushka in his life. Later, on February 2016, many media houses reported that the couple broke up following disagreements on the marriage date. As per reports, Virat was quite keen to tie the knot in 2016, but Anushka said 'no' to his plan stating that she wanted to concentrate on her career.
However, they supported each other through thick and thin and if rumours are to be believed they will soon be declared as husband and wife.