A series of bomb attacks in southern Thailand at the end of last week that killed four people and injured dozens was planned by a mastermind who gave orders, the police said on Sunday.
"The acts were carried out by a group in many locations simultaneously, following orders from one individual," Pongsapat Pongcharoen, a deputy national police chief, told The New York Times.
No group has claimed the responsibility for the Thursday and Friday blasts yet.
General Pongsapat said the police know who the mastermind is but he did not provide any details or motive.
On Sunday, Thailand police found several items including mobile phones and power banks in the Patong area of Phuket island and the seaside resort district of Hua Hin.
While on Saturday, two more devices were found in another popular tourist destination, Phang Nga.
Several of the bombs were detonated by mobile phones.
The police had detained two men on Saturday over the series of Thailand explosions.
Authorities have completely ruled out the possibility of international terrorism and suspect local insurgency against the recently elected junta-backed government.
Gen Pongsapat dismissed the suggestions and said: "This has nothing to do (with)... the three provinces in the deep south."
"As the national police chief (Gen Chakthip Chaijinda) said on the first day, this might be related to politics," he added.
The bombings took place just days after a Thailand approved its new military junta-backed constitution.