A three-year-old boy's genitals were burned by his teacher for urinating in his shorts. The assistant teacher at an anganwadi day care center in Karnataka, India, burnt the kid's private parts for wetting his pants in the classroom on Monday.
The boy was taken to a nearby hospital, where he received treatment for his injuries. Currently, the boy is at home and recovering, according to the police. A complaint was filed by the toddler's family against the teacher at the nearby police station on Friday.
The police have booked the teacher, Rashmi K P, under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act 2015 and section 285 (negligent conduct with respect to fire or combustible matÂter) of Indian Penal Code, according to local media reports.
Rashmi Burnt Toddler's Private Parts
Tumkur superintendent of police (SP) Rahul Kumar Shahapurwad confirmed that the family in their complaint alleged that the teacher at the Anganwadi center at Godekere burnt the toddler's private parts for frequently wetting his pants, reported Hindustan Times.
The teachers have claimed that the boy had been wetting his pants frequently. Therefore, to stop that teachers burnt her private parts, according to the police.
Initially Teacher Tried To Apologize
Initially, the accused teacher tried to apologize to the victim's family to save herself from any legal actions. But at the end the child's family filed an FIR against the teacher on Friday, according to the Superintendent of Police.
The child and his father used to live in Chikmagaluru but they shifted to Godekere recently after his mother passed away.
A letter has also been sent to the Woman and Child Development officer by the residents of Godekere village. In the letter, resident accused anganwadi workers of torturing the children, reported Press Trust of India.
Rashmi Claims She Was Only Scaring The Child
After receiving the complaint, officer G Honnappa took a visit to the village and probe into the matter. Rashmi, who claims she was only scaring the child with the matchstick when it accidently caught fire, has also been questioned by the officer.