Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo, whose current deal will expire in 2021 denies all the claims that he has asked for a better contract with the La Liga club.
Previously it was reported by Diario Gol that the 32-year-old forward wanted a contract which was supposed to be as equal as Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Brazilian Neymar's wages. But after the defeat to Tottenham in the Champions League on 1 November, Wednesday, Ronaldo clarified the confusion related to the recent specualtions.
"I am doing very well at Real Madrid. I have four years left on my contract and I don't want to renew. I am fine," Ronaldo told beIN Sports.
Ronaldo scored the only goal from his side in the final quarter against the north London club. However, the Portugal international's goal was not suffiicnet to help the 12-time European champions avoid a 3-1 defeat at Wembley.
The first two goals of the match came from Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli and then his teammate Christian Eriksen scored the third goal of the in the 65th minute. Ronaldo expressed his concerns about the La Liga winner's performance against Spurs.
"It is bad because we are losing and we are used to winning. It is a bad run," he said.
"It is not how we would want things, but football changes. It is a bad run but we want to change and I am sure we will change. We have a lot of time still to get better and I am convinced we can do so," the Portuguese footballer concluded.
Before the Tottenham battle, the Spanish club had played against Girona FC, who scored two goals against the Los Blancos. But in return, Zinedine Zidane's team managed to score only one goal at Montilivi on 29 October.
The back-to-back Champions League winning team is currently standing on the second place in Group H. Real Madrid will take Apoel FC in a Champions League group stage fixture on 21 November.