Farid Khan Kaim Khan, 62, announced his candidacy for Singapore's next presidential election that will be held in September this year.
Here is a quick look at Khan's personal and professional background:
- Khan was born in Geylang Serai. His family and relatives speak Malay and "practice the Malay culture"
- Khan, who is married with two children, is of Pakistani descent
- He started out cleaning toilets after his father's death when he was 13 years old
- He is currently the chairman of marine service provider Bourbon Offshore Asia Pacific
- Khan is also director at several companies in the marine sector
(With inputs from Straits Times)