Park Seo Joon and Song Kang Ho, whose respective films are currently showing in Korea, topped the brand reputation rankings for movie actors for August.
The Korean Institute for Corporate Reputation processed 165.10 million pieces of big data from July 25 to August 26 covering 50 Korean movie stars based on media, participation, communication and community indices.
Park Seo Joon ranked first with a score 9.71 million in brand reputation while Song Kang Ho is second with 8.81 million.
"Midnight Runners," starring Park Seo Joon and Kang Ha Neul, opened on August 9. The movie, about two police university students who witness a kidnapping and decide to investigate, has grossed $34.04 million with total admissions of 4.83 million as of August 27, according to the Korean Film Council (KOFIC).
Song Kang Ho stars in hit movie "A Taxi Driver" about a taxi driver who takes a German journalist to Gwangju, South Korea to cover the ongoing uprising there. The movie has set a record by being the first and only film to date this year to reach the 10 million audience mark. It has already sold 11.36 million tickets since it opened on August 2.
Jang Dong-gun, who stars in the recently released film "V.I.P." together with Lee Jong Suk, grabbed third place with 8.17 million.
Song Joong Ki placed fourth with 7.94 million. The actor was part of the movie "The Battleship Island" that was released in July.
Movie stars who ranked fifth to 20th are:
5. Kang Ha Neul - 7.48 million
6. Gong Yoo - 7.33 million
7. Ryu Jun Yeol - 6.07 million
8. Kim Myung Min - 6.06 million
9. Han Ji Min - 6.03 million
10. Lee Jong Suk - 5.27 million
11. Lee Jung Hyun - 4.97 million
12. Kim Nam Gil - 4.67 million
13. Yoo Hae Jin - 4.59 million
14. Park Hee Soon - 4.33 million
15. Lee Byung Hun - 4.17 million
16. Hwang Jung Min - 3.99 million
17. So Ji Sub - 3.97 million
18. Jun Ji Hyun - 3.65 million
19. Kim Soo Hyun - 3.53 million
20. Lee Jung Jae - 2.89 million