OnePlus team has just rolled out Android 7.0 Nougat based OxygenOS 4.0.2 bug-fix update for its flagship phone, the OnePlus 3T. The update is now available for manual download as a standalone OTA file as well as a Full ROM zip file.
As the update is being rolled out in phases, it will be initially available for only a handful of users. So, if you can't wait for the official OTA rollout in your country or region, you could use the manual download links to install the same on your handset.
Those who are running previous release of OxygenOS with stock recovery should be using the OTA file, while the others with rooted device or custom ROMs should install the Full ROM zip file. The OxygenOS 4.0.2 will reportedly fix all the existing bugs and issues from previous releases, OxygenOS 4.0 and 4.0.1.
Here are the feature highlights and improvements ported to OxygenOS 4.0.2 Nougat update, according to the official post on the OnePlus Forums:
- Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
- New Notifications Design
- New Settings Menu Design
- Multi-Window View
- Notification Direct Reply
- Custom DPI Support
- Added Status Bar Icon options
- Improved Shelf Customization
- Updated APN Settings for select Carriers
- Fixed Proximity Sensor bug during calls
- Fixed Google Play Store download bug
- Increased System Stability
Known Issues and Fixes
- If you are trying to download from Play Store via data roaming, it will not work. This is a known Google issue.
- WiFi connectivity might still fluctuate, if you experience this issue, please send me a pm.
Interested OnePlus 3T users may go ahead and install the OxygenOS 4.0.2 Nougat update on their handset, using the step-by-step guide provided below.
- The instructions and download links provided in this guide are meant for the OnePlus 3T model only. Do not attempt installing this update on any other model as it may inadvertently brick or damage your handset.
- Ensure that your device has at least 60% battery charge to avoid unexpected device shutdown during the update process.
- Download the necessary files from the links provided below.
OxygenOS 4.0.2 Nougat OTA update for OnePlus 3T
OxygenOS 4.0.2 Nougat Full ROM for OnePlus 3T
How to install OxygenOS 4.0.2 Nougat update on OnePlus 3T
Method 1 (For stock non-rooted devices with stock recovery)
- Download the OTA file from the above link and place it in the root folder of your phone.
- Go to Settings > System Updates, tap Settings Icon > Local Upgrade and then choose the downloaded OTA File
- After selecting the file, the system will prompt for upgrade now
- Select upgrade now and system will reboot into stock recovery. You can now begin flashing the OTA.
- The installer will complete installing the OTA and reboot the device.
After the reboot is successful, OnePlus 3T will be running the latest OxygenOS 4.0.2 firmware which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Note: The first boot may take some time. So, please be patient and wait for it to boot. After flash is successful return to recovery and perform wipe of cache, esle you will be prompted
to download the full ROM (1.4GB zip file). Just download it and follow the same process as above.
Method 2 (for rooted devices with TWRP recovery 3.0 or 3.1 installed)
1.Update TWRP to the latest version (3.0 or 3.1) by flashing the downloaded image
2. Reboot the device into Recovery and perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM
(Note: Nandroid from 3.0/3.1 can't be restored on older version or beta and visa-versa)
3. In TWRP recovery main menu, go to Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select Dalvik & Cache > Swipe to Wipe
4. Navigate to Install Menu > Select OxygenOS 4.0.2 Full Rom Zip and Swipe to Flash
5. Flash the latest SuperSU to maintain root (Optional)
6. Wipe Dalvik and Cache
7. Reboot the device once more and enjoy Android 7.0 based OxygenOS 4.0.2 firmware on your OnePlus 3T.
Note: Rooted users may either flash the full 4.0.2 Zip or they need to flash the previous full zip 4.0.1, before installing the 4.0.2 OTA file, depending on the current ROM installed on the handset.