Lee Sung Min and Gong Yoo bagged the first two places in the brand reputation rankings of Korean movie stars for May 2017.
From April 18 to May 19, the Korea Institute for Corporate Reputation analyzed 65.91 million pieces of big data of Korean film stars and measured consumer participation, media, communication and community indices.
Lee Sung Min topped the ranking with a score of 3.65 million. He caught attention because of the success of his movie "The Sheriff in Town," which has earned $17.67 million since its release in Korea on May 3.
Popular actor Gong Yoo of the "Train to Busan" and "Goblin" fame took second place with 3.59 million while Lee Sung Min's co-star in "Sheriff," Cho Jin-woong, placed third with 3.21 million.
Siwan of boy band ZE:A, whose movie "The Merciless" was released in Korea and will be screened at the Cannes Film Festival, was fourth with 3.09 million followed by Yoo Ah In with 2.83 million; Sol Kyung Gu, 2.63 million; Kim Sung Kyun, 2.54 million; Park Sung Woong, 2.54 million; Lee Byung Hun, 2.39 million; and Kim Soo Hyun, 2.33 million.
The 11th to 25th places went to:
11. Choi Min Sik - 2.17 million
12. Kim Hee Won - 2.16 million
13. Lee Jung Jae - 2 million
14. Ahn Jae Hong - 1.91 million
15. Go Soo - 1.76 million
16. Lee Sun Gyun - 1.71 million
17. Jung Woo Sung - 1.71 million
18. Park Chul Min - 1.67 million
19. Kim Joo Hyuk - 1.64 million
20. Jun Ji Hyun- 1.61 million
21. Kang Dong Won - 1.23 million
22. Kim Hye Soo - 1.16 million
23. Shin Ha Gyun - 1.12 million
24. Son Ye Jin - 1.06 million
25. Lee Kyung Young - 1.04 million