TV channel MBC's variety show "Infinite Challenge" is the No. 1 most favorite TV show by Korean in August, according to a survey.
Gallup Korea released the top 10 favorite Korean TV shows for the month based on a survey of 1,006 respondents aged 19 and above held from August 16 and 17.
The top 10 TV shows for August are:
1. "Infinite Challenge" (MBC) - The variety show stars Yoo Jae-suk, Haha, Park Myeong-su, Jeong Jun-ha and Yang Se-hyung. It has maintained the No. 1 spot on the Gallup Korea survey for five months since April this year. In early August, "Infinite Challenge" had NBA star Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors as guest. The survey firm said despite being No. 1, "Infinite Challenge" had a low preference rate of below 10 percent. It got 8.5 percent in April followed by 9.9 percent in May, 9.4 percent in June and 9.2 percent in July.
2. "Ssulzun" (JTBC) - "Ssulzun," the talk show of cable network JTBC, placed second with 5.8 percent. Its panel is composed of Kim Gura, Rhyu Si-min and Park Hyung-Jun. The show deals with serious topics that are not usually tackled in mainstream TV broadcast.
3. "New Journey to the West" Season 4 (tvN) - The travel-reality TV show grabbed third place with 3.8 percent, up from its fifth place finish in July in the same survey. Its cast members are Kang Ho-dong, Lee Su-geun, Eun Ji-won, Super Junior's Kyuhyun, Ahn Jae-hyun and Mino.
4. "Three Meals A Day - Sea Ranch" (tvN) - The reality TV show got 3.6 percent to place fourth. Its new season started on August 4 with Lee Seo-jin, Yoon Kyun-sang and Eric Mun.
5. "I Am A Natural Person" (MBN) and "Mom's Diary-My Ugly Duckling" (SBS) - The two programs tied for fifth place with 3.3 percent. "I Am A Natural Person" rose from sixth place while "Mom's Diary-My Ugly Duckling" jumped from eight place in July.
7. "Knowing Bros" (JTBC) - The entertainment program got 3.2 percent to place seventh. Its cast members are Kang Ho-dong, Hee-chul, Kim Young-chul, Lee Soo-geun, Min Kyung-hoon, Seo Jang-hoon and Lee Sang-min.
8. "Hyori's Bed and Breakfast (JTBC) - The reality TV program received 3 percent for eight place. It stars K-pop star Hyori and her husband Lee Sang-soon in which they welcome guests in their home in Jeju Island, South Korea.
9. "Lovers in Bloom" (KBS1) - The daily Korean drama got 2.9 percent to garner ninth place in the survey. It stars Im Soo-hyang and Do Ji-han.
10. "My Father is Strange" (KBS2) - The weekly drama got 2.7 percent for tenth place. Its cast is composed of Kim Yeong-cheol, Kim Hae-sook, Lee Joon, Ryu Soo-young, Lee Yoo-ri and Jung So-min.