Millions of Muslims across the globe are preparing for Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi, the birthday of Prophet Muhammad. The birth anniversary of the Holy Prophet, falls on 12 Rabi-ul-Awwal of the Islamic lunar calendar, and this year it is on 12 December.
On the occasion, IBTimes Singapore has picked up top quotes from the Prophet Muhammad to celebrate Eid-e-Milad 2016.
- "The greatest of wealth is the richness of the soul."
- "Conduct yourself in this world as if you are here to stay forever and yet prepare for eternity as if you are to die tomorrow."
- "Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind."
- "The best of alms is that, which the right hand gives and the left hand knows not of."
- "You will never enter paradise until you have faith and you will not complete your faith until you love one another."
- "Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people."
- "Strive always to excel in virtue and truth."
- "The worldly comforts are not for me. I am like a traveller who takes rest under a tree in the shade and then goes on his way."
- "It is better to sit alone in company with the bad and it is better still to sit with the good than alone."
- "Keep yourselves far from envy; because it eats up and takes away good actions, like a fire eats up and burns wood."