There are days when you tend to forget things and most often than not, we tend to lose them in cabs and auto rickshaws. If luck sides, the driver religiously returns the forgotten item, but that doesn't happen every time. Uber, one of the leading taxi-hailing services in India, also witnesses several such instances where riders forget items in cabs.
Uber helps riders get their lost items through in-app support, where customers can connect with drivers or report the loss of an item with the Uber Support Team. In addition to that, Uber regularly shares the most frequently forgotten items and some strange things riders leave behind in the cab. The data shows how Uber takes care of its customers, even after a ride has ended.
Uber's insights are interesting and fun to read. According to the third edition of The Uber Lost & Found Index, Bengaluru was titled the most forgetful city in India for the third time in a row, followed by Delhi and Mumbai. The data also revealed some strange items such as pan, live fish and crocs left behind by Uber riders.
Check out the interesting list of items people have forgotten in Uber:
- Knee pad
- Aluminium Storage Shelf
- Gold Chain
- Car Health check monitor
- Hotspot device
- Baby Pram
- Milk Sachets
- Yellow Toy Car
- Live Fish
- Bunch of banana
The above-mentioned items are rarely forgotten, but many riders can relate to the list of items below that Uber says are frequently forgotten in cabs.
- Phone / camera
- Backpack / bag / folders / box / luggage
- Wwallet / purse
- Water bottle / bottle / thermos
- Phone charger
If you're curious to know more about the forgetful cities, Uber has shared with us a list of top 15 forgetful cities in India. Check them out below:
In addition to this, Uber also found that its riders mostly forgot items on Saturday and Sunday. This is not surprising considering the masses would be in the joy of weekend and on detox from weeklong work. The data insights go further deep to reveal that people mostly forget an item between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
How to get lost items back?
Forgetting things once in a while is not a big deal, but if it involves a pricey or valuable item, it sure is. For this reason, Uber has made it easy for riders to find their lost items. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to get lost items back:
- Go to Uber app
- Select Menu > Your Trips > Select the trip where you left something > Report an issue with this trip
- Find the option "I lost an item" and then tap "Contact my driver about a lost item."
- Enter your phone number where you'd like to be contacted and submit your request.
- Customer will then be connected with the driver, so a mutual arrangement can be made on how and when to get the item back.
- In case, customers are unable to connect with the driver, they can use "in-app support" to report the loss and Uber Support Team will step in to help you.