Nintendo's immensely popular augmented-reality game 'Pokemon GO' has finally made its way into 36 countries with the Asian debut release in Japan on 22 July. Meanwhile, avid Pokemon fans in Singapore, India, Malaysia, Taiwan, China and a handful of other Asian countries are eagerly awaiting the launch of Niantic's new AR game.
Some curious and restless gamers in several Asian countries have resorted to GPS/location spoofing methods on iOS devices while Android users are using unofficial APK file from third-party sources on supported devices running Android 4.4.4 or higher.
With Nintendo's game servers already overloaded with peak traffic, we might see a ton of server crashes as Pokemon GO gears up for an official global release in the next few days including Singapore, India, Malaysia, China, Taiwan, Philippines and other Asian countries.
India and some Asian countries where the game is being played unofficially through location spoofing and APK hack, have been suffering with server outages and geo block as Pokestops, Gyms and Pokemons are randomly disappearing from the maps.
A recent update on the viral Reddit thread 'Pokemon GO Release Status – Asia' suggests that the geo-block for Taiwan and some parts of Korea was removed as Niantic's global release date draws closer and closer with every passing day.
The Reddit post also adds that some players in Nepal could access the game until a geo block ceased all server resources including the real-world maps and in-game elements like PokeStops and Gyms.
Check out the complete list of Asian countries (below) where the game is currently playable using the APK file (alternate download link) and our step-by-step guide posted here. The information regarding the countries where APK file is being used to play Pokemon GO has been provided by Reddit user Angryangmo:
- Iraq - Baghdad, Kirkuk
- Saudi Arabia - All parts of Saudi Arabia
- Kuwait – Judailiyat, Block 1 Farwaniyah, Kuwait City, Hawally Mubarak Al-Kabeer, Abu Hasaniya Ahmadi
- Bahrain – Al-Lawzi Isa Town, Bani Jamrah, Jabalat Habshi, Al-Manama, Hoora, Muharraq, Askar
- Qatar –Dukhan, Umm Bab, Al-Shahhaniya, Al-Kharaib, Al-Ghuwairiya, Al-Khor, Madinat Al-Shamal, Doha, Al-Wakra, Mesaieed
- United Arab Emirates –Mirfa, Madinah Zayed, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman, Al-Hamidiya, Al-Gurf, Al-Riqqah Area, Umm Al-Quwain, Ras Al-Khaimah, Shabhanat Al-Khabisi
- Oman – Salalah Al-Gharbiyah, Qurayyat, Muscat, Barka
- Iran – All parts of Iran.
- Afghanistan –All parts of Afghanistan.
- Pakistan – Karachi, Hyderabad, Multan, Islamabad
- India –New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru
- Indonesia – Padang, Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Denpasar, Pontianak, Banjarmasin, Palu
- South Korea –Sokchu