Addressing its loyal fans in its New Year note, Microsoft has hinted at a "special year" for Xbox gamers while promising special add-on content and expansion packs for popular 2016 game titles. With the growing popularity of Xbox One backwards compatible games, the Xbox community would be eager to know the most popular game titles that will be playable on any Xbox console or the PC.
Keeping the Xbox fan base in perspective, we bring you the rundown on the fan-favourite Xbox 360 game titles that are also playable on Xbox One, using Microsoft's backwards compatibility feature for Xbox games. For starters, we have picked some cool titles from Assassin's Creed, Bioshock and Call of Duty franchises.
Check out the full list of available Xbox 360 game titles for Xbox One as of today:
Assassin's Creed titles currently backwards compatible for Xbox One:
- Assassin's Creed â Assassin's Creed was rolled out as backward compatible Xbox 360 game for Xbox One on popular demand (by Ubisoft) on 21 March 2016.
- Assassin's Creed 2 â Riding on the success of the original, the second edition of Assassin's Creed 2 was made backwards compatible with Xbox One on 17 November 2015.
BioShock titles currently backwards compatible for Xbox One:
- BioShock â Developed by 2K Games, BioShock was added to the Xbox One backwards compatibility list on 13 December 2016.
- BioShock 2 â Riding on the enormous fanfare received for the original, 2K Games added its second instalment of the popular sci-fi adventure game to Microsoft's backwards compatibility list on the same day, 13 December 2016.
- BioShock Infinite â Inspired bythe critical acclamation received for its first two BioShock titles, 2K Games went on to add the third iteration of the game called 'BioShock Infinite' to Microsoft's ever-expanding list of backwards-compatible Xbox 360 games for Xbox One. This monumental feat took place on the 13 December 2016 when the game developer also added the first two instalments of the smash-hit game.
Call of Duty instalments currently backwards compatible on Xbox One:
- Call of Duty: World at War â It's the fourth instalment of Call of Duty that was added to the backwards compatibility list for Xbox One on 27 September, 2016. Activision takes the credit for developing the game.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops â The original Black Ops Call of Duty game (by Activision) joined the list of Xbox 360 backwards compatible games, on 17 May, 2016.
- Call of Duty 3 â It's the third instalment in the COD franchise that made its way into the list of Xbox 360 backwards compatible games for Xbox One on 22 September, 2016.
- Call of Duty 2 â Riding on the success of the original, the second instalment of COD franchise joined the backwards compatibility fray on 23 August, 2016.
Meanwhile, the COD fans and critics are rooting for the addition of Modern Warfare and Infinite Warfare 2into the backwards compatibility list of Xbox 360 games.
Interested Xbox gamers may also check out a bunch of other popular Xbox 360 titles that are currently backwards compatible on Xbox One, by navigating to our dedicated post here.