"Train to Busan" star Ma Dong Seok emerged as the most talked about Korean movie star in October.
The Korea Institute for Corporate Reputation has released the latest figures based on an analysis of 161.15 million pieces of big data of 50 Korean movie stars from September 26 to October 27, up by 35.39 percent from September's 119.03 million.
Ma Dong Seok got a total score of 10.78 million and is a new entry in the movie stars' brand reputation index. The 46-year-old actor stars in the movie "The Outlaws," which has sold 5.66 million tickets and earned US$41 million at the Korean box office since October 3.
Actor Lee Jong Suk slid from first place in September to second in October with a score of 8.99 million. He starred in the movie "V.I.P" last August, which had 1.33 million in total admission and revenue of $9.68 million, according to the Korean Film Council (KOFIC). He is currently starring in the drama "While You Were Sleeping" with miss A's Suzy.
Gong Yoo, star of "Train to Busan" and "Goblin," placed third, one slot below his second place spot in September. He got a score of 8.72 million, an increase of 58.42 percent from 5.5 million last month.
Actress Moon Geun Young is fourth with 7.42 million and is also a new entry in the rankings. She is followed by Yoon Kye Sang, co-star of Ma Dong Seok in "The Outlaws," with 5.65 million.
Movie stars who ranked sixth to 25th are:
6. Kim Soo Hyun - 5.26 million
7. Lee Byung Hun - 5.01 million
8. Choi Hee Seo - 4.87 million
9. Jo Jin Woong - 4.14 million
10. Yoo Ji Tae - 4.12 million
11. Lee Je Hoon - 4.06 million
12.Song Seung Heon - 4.05 million
13. Ryu Jun Yeol - 4.03 million
14. Park Sung Woong - 3.48 million
15. Kim Sung Kyoon - 3.44 million
16. Choi Min Sik - 3.42 million
17. Song Joong-ki - 3.37 million
18. Park Seo Joon - 3.34 million
19. Son Ye Jin - 3.23 million
20. Hyun Bin - 3.22 million
21. Jang Dong-gun - 3.07 million
22. Song Kang Ho - 2.75 million
23. Lee Jung Hyun - 2.64 million
24. Kim Hye Soo - 2.64 million
25. Kim Yun Seok - 2.59 million