The iOS 9.3.x jailbreak is finally here for 32-bit iPhone and iPad devices as the industrious developer jk9357 has recently announced its release via Twitter. Until today, all iOS 9.3.x jailbreaks and the Yalu iOS 10 jailbreak were constrained to support 64-bit devices only and now the limitation has been broken, thanks to the release of new iOS 9 jailbreak aka 'Home Depot'.
Although the new iOS 9.3.x jailbreak was reported to have compatibility issues with specific devices on certain iOS 9 firmware, several successful installs haven been reported on iOS 9.3.1 through iOS 9.3.4. It must be noted that the last signed iOS 9 firmware (aka iOS 9.3.5) is not supported on Home Depot jailbreak as the Trident exploits used in the making of this jailbreak are reportedly incompatible with that firmware.
Nevertheless, here is the complete list of supported devices on the latest iOS 9 firmware as cited on the jailbreak tool's website:
- iPhone 4s: iOS 9.2, 9.2.1, 9.3, 9.3.1, 9.3.2, 9.3.3, 9.3.4
- iPhone 5 (GSM): iOS 9.3.3, 9.3.4
- iPhone 5 (Global): iOS 9.1, 9.2, 9.2.1, 9.3.2, 9.3.3, 9.3.4
- iPhone 5c (GSM): iOS 9.2.1, 9.3.2, 9.3.3, 9.3.4
- iPhone 5c (Global): iOS 9.3.2, 9.3.3
- iPad 2 (WiFi, GSM, CDMA, Mid 2012): iOS 9.1, 9.2, 9.2.1, 9.3, 9.3.1, 9.3.2, 9.3.3, 9.3.4
- iPad mini (WiFi): iOS 9.2.1, 9.3.2, 9.3.3
- iPad 3 (WiFi): iOS 9.3.4
- iPad 3 (GSM): iOS 9.3.1
- iPad 3 (CDMA): iOS 9.3.2, 9.3.3
- iPad 4: iOS 9.2.1
- iPod touch 5 (Experimental): iOS 9.1, 9.3.2, 9.3.3, 9.3.4
Here's the list for some of the problematic devices on specific firmware as reported by the developer and folks at iDownloadBlog:
- iPhone 5 (Global) â iOS 9.2.1
- iPhone 4s â iOS 9.3.1
- iPad 2 â iOS 9.3.2
- iPhone 5c (Global) â iOS 9.3.2
The specific firmware issues on aforementioned devices have been attributed to missing or incorrect offsets, which could be fixed by manually specifying the offsets. You could refer to the developer website which lists out user-submitted offsets that can be used to overcome this issue.
Some of the noteworthy features ported into Home Depot jailbreak include Cydia, Substrate, tfp0 functionality and mixtape. Interested users may go ahead and download the new iOS 9 jailbreak on their 32-bit iPhone or iPad via developer's website.
Download Home Depot IPA (Rev 7)
Here's how to Install Home Depot jailbreak on your 32-bit iPhone or iPad:
- Download Cydia Impactor from the link provided above
- Drag downloaded IPA into Cydia Impactor and follow on-screen instructions
- Open the installed app and follow the on-screen instructions after restarting the device.
- If Substrate isn't working after restart, just re-install it in Cydia and restart SpringBoard.
For beginners, here is our detailed step-by-step guide to install the jailbreak on your 32-bit iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using Cydia Impactor. Just substitute the Yalu.ipa file with Home Depot to complete the jailbreak installation process as the procedure is same.