Ugadi is celebrated as the New Year's Day for Telugu, Kannada, Konkani and Marathi people of the Deccan region of India. The term Ugadi or Yugadi has been derived from the Sanskrit words "yuga," or age, and "adi," or beginning, and hence it is called as "the beginning of a new age."
The first day of Chaitra Ã¢â¬" the first month in the Panchang Ã¢â¬" falls on 29 March, Wednesday this year. IBTimes Singapore has compiled a list of Ugadi wishes, messages and greetings that you can share with your near and dear ones.
- The raw mangoes, neem, and jaggery represent the sweet, sour and bitter flavors of life. May the flavors of Ugadi fill your life in the coming year. Happy Ugadi !
- Fortunate is the one who has learned to Admire, but not to envy. Good Wishes for a joyous Ugadi and a Happy New Year with a plenty of Peace and Prosperity.
- This Ugadi, may you be blessed with good fortune as long as Ganeshji's trunk, wealth and prosperity as big as his stomach, happiness as sweet as his ladoos and may your trouble be as small as his mouse. Happy Ugadi!
- May this Ugadi usher cheerfulness, enriching the hearts of people with good health, wealth and joy. Happy Ugadi!
- Lets welcome Ugadi with great hope, eagerness & anticipation.Let us look forward to a plentiful of joy, satisfaction, peace & prosperity.
- Hope the lights of Ugadi bring glow and warmth to your life! Wishing you a very happy New Year! Let the memories of moments shared with your loved ones fill your heart this Ugadi!
- No wish is small or big as long as it comes straight from heart. Hope this Ugadi wish finds you in good spirit.
- Wishing you a bright, blissful, delightful, energetic, healthy, great, prosperous and extremely happy Ugadi.
- Lets gather around and celebrate the dawn of the sparkling new year to be filled with joyful moments, good health and surprises. Happy Ugadi wishes to your family.
- May this Ugadi bring you peace and harmony. May the lights triumph over darkness. May peace transcend the earth. Wishing you all the blessing of the Ugadi festival.