Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) star Conor McGregor has revealed that he has not retired from the sport after confirming that he is unhappy with the top brass of UFC.
The Irish fighter earlier suffered his first defeat at the hands of Nate Diaz last month after the latter choked him into submission. He was expected to have a rematch on the UFC 200 card on 9 July, which was canceled by the sport's president Dana White.
McGregor tweeted on Tuesday that he has decided to retire from UFC. He said, "I have decided to retire young. Thanks for the cheese. Catch ya's later."
However, the 27-year-old has made a u-turn after confirming he has not retired through his official Facebook page on Thursday. McGregor event went on to reveal that he was forced to do excess of promotion work for UFC, which has hindered his preparation before fights.
" I am just trying to do my job and fight here. I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote. I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting," McGregor posted on his official Facebook page.
"There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop."
He even admitted that he is ready to go for UFC 200. The Irishman said, "I must isolate myself now. I am facing a taller, longer and heavier man. I need to prepare correctly this time. I can not dance for you this time. It is time for the other monkeys to dance."
"I am still ready to go for UFC 200. I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions."
"If this is not enough or they feel I have not deserved to sit this promotion run out this one time, well then I don't know what to say."
"For the record also - For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations - I AM NOT RETIRED."