Celebrations around the world are already underway for the Chinese New Year, which begins on 28 January. This year, it is the Year of the Rooster.
Chinese people greet one another with good wishes when they meet on the New Year. IBTimes Singapore has compiled top messages and proverbs to share with your loved ones.
- Happy Chinese New Year! Wishing you prosperity on the Year of the Rooster.
- I wish you all the luck, health, and fortune and all those you love! Happy Chinese New Year!
- Wish you success in your career and happiness for your family! Happy Chinese New Year!
- Hope all your New Year dreams come true! I wish you good health, wealth and luck for the forthcoming year of the rooster!
- Happiness, Prosperity, Longevity! (In Mandarin: ç¦ç¦å¯¿, pronounced: fÃº lÃ¹ shÃ²u)
- Enjoy good health! (In Mandarin: èº«ä½å¥åº·; pronounced: ShÄntÇ jiÃ nkÄng)
- May the Year of the Rooster attract all the good wishes this year.
- Î¤his New Year may good luck and prosperity follow yÎ¿u wherever you gÎ¿, and may Lady Luck scare away any misfortune that was planning tÎ¿ come yÎ¿ur way.
- Harmony brings health. May joy and happiness surround you today and always!
- Get rid of the demons of the year gone by and embrace the positives to lead a fulfilling and pleasurable life ahead. Wish you good fortune on the Chinese New Year!
- If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody.
- When luck visits you, everyone will know where you live.
- Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
- To attract good fortune, spend a new coin on an old friend, share an old pleasure with a new friend, and lift up the heart of a true friend by writing his name on the wings of a dragon.
- Patience is power; with time and patience, the mulberry leaf becomes silk.
- Kindness is the best quality of the soul.
- Frugality is the mother of prosperity.
- Don't curse the darkness â light a candle.
- If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.