Microsoft has announced today that Xbox One S with a US$50 discount is available starting tomorrow. Some of the titles include Halo Wars, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Battlefield 1, Minecraft, and more.
Ahead of the Project Scorpio unveiling at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2017 in Los Angeles, California, Microsoft took Twitter earlier today to drop the good news, a US$50 price cut to the promising Xbox One S. The manufacturer, however, has clarified that the discount is not applicable across the shelves.
— Xbox (@Xbox) June 10, 2017
Certain Xbox One S bundles only are up for this unlikely promotion, including some hot titles like Gears of War 4, Halo Wars 2, and Battlefield 1. The discount is effective until 11 June starting at US$299. Below are the select Xbox One S bundles to choose from:
- Xbox One S Halo Wars 2 bundle (1 terabyte) now at US$299
- Xbox One S Battlefield 1 bundle (500 gigabytes) now at US$249
- Xbox One S Forza Horizon 3 bundle (1 terabyte) now at US$299
- Xbox One S Forza Horizon 3 bundle (500 gigabytes) now at US$249
- Xbox One S Minecraft Favourites bundle (500 gigabytes) now at US$249
- Xbox One S Gears of War 4 bundle (1 terabytes) now at US$299
- Xbox One S Gears of War 4 Special Edition bundle (500 gigabytes) now at US$249
As of this writing, Xbox One S FIFA 17 (500 gigabytes) and Xbox One S Madden NFL 17 (1 terabyte) bundles have been sold out. Meantime, accessories such as wireless controllers and stereo headset adapter are also available. Aside from the US, the discount is available in Puerto Rico and Canada, too.
In another news, Microsoft is expected to finally unveil the Xbox Scorpio console. Previous announcements already informed fans that the next-generation console will have an 8-core custom AMD processor clocked in at 2.3 gigahertz, 12 gigabytes of GDDR5 RAM with a throughput of 326 gigabytes, and a GPU with 40 compute units.