People in the United States are gearing up to celebrate American Independence Day on the fourth of July. To mark the 240th Independence Day, IBTimes Singapore has compiled top quotes from famous personalities to mark the occasion.
- "Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." – George Washington
- "Where liberty dwells, there is my country." – Benjamin Franklin
- "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." – Abraham Lincoln
- "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." – Theodore Roosevelt
- "I look forward to an America that will not be afraid of grace and beauty." – John F. Kennedy
- "Freedom's natal day is here. Fire the guns and shout for freedom, See the flag above unfurled! Hail the stars and stripes forever, Dearest flag in all the world." – Florence A Jones
- "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day." – Thomas Jefferson
- "Liberty is the breath of life to nations." – George Bernard Shaw
- "Freedom is the open window through which pours the sunlight of the human spirit and human dignity." – Herbert Hoover
- "Freedom lies in being bold." – Robert Frost
- Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus to tie knot in August?
- Tyrese Gibson admits he was 'flirting' with Charlize Theron on the set of Fast 8
- Sistar members talk about fame and success on SBS show
- Drake treats Rihanna 'like a queen'