It was already learned that T.O.P was out of danger and he was moved to a different hospital on June 9. Now, his agency has released a more encouraging update on the rapper's gradual recovery.
As reported by website Koreaboo, YG Entertainment, the agency which manages T.O.P, released a statement since he checked out from the Intensive Care Unit of Ewha Woman's University Mokdong Hospital to an undisclosed hospital.
"T.O.P's treatment is going very well and according to hospital staff, he will need approximately 2 more weeks of medical care," the statement read.
Doctors had previously said one needs around one to two weeks to recover from such incidents.
The rapper-actor is also under psychological therapy at the moment in addition to other treatments that is decided by his mother and the doctors treating him. An acquaintance of the singer had told news outlet Osen, earlier, that T.O.P was going through a lot of stress after being accused of smoking marijuana and his successive police duty. All of this had caused him to break down.
It was in the morning of June 6, T.O.P was found semi-conscious and was rushed to Ewha Woman's University Mokdong Hospital, suspected of drug overdose. Around 5 p.m. KST, he was moved to the Intensive Care Unit from the Emergency room (ER). He was reportedly awake but unable to move his body much. He had been accused of smoking marijuana with a female acquaintance.
Following the incident, YG Entertainment, had issued an official apology which read, "We bow our heads and sincerely apologize to those who were hurt and disappointed by the recent chain of shameful events surrounding T.O.P. He is holding himself accountable for the controversy and will receive any and all reprehension for falling short of everyone's expectations with a heavy heart."
The identity of the female friend who smoked marijuana with T.O.P was also revealed. She is a 22-year old trainee singer named Han So-hee who had previously admitted to smoking the drug illegally on three different occasions in October, 2016. It was noted that she was part of the top 12 on MBC's 'The Birth of a Great Star 3' in the year 2012. She was supposed to debut in 2016 as a member of a girl group but her contract was cancelled.