Singapore
Facebook/Singapore Civil Defence Force

Two people were injured after batteries exploded at FalconPEV e-scooter store at Delta House in Singapore on Friday. According to reports, the two injured men, aged 28 and 49, were taken to Singapore General Hospital with minor burn injuries.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said that it was informed about the fire at 2, Alexandra Road at around 11 am. SCDF added that the fire involved an e-scooter and was put out with a fire extinguisher.

ALSO READ:Birds taller than humans? Scientists discover 55-million-year old giant penguin fossils in New Zealand

In an update on Facebook, SCDF said that the preliminary investigations have revealed that the fire took place while repair works were being carried out on personal mobility devices. Channel NewsAsia reported that the two injured men are employees of the store, which is located at level six of the building.

SCDF further added that it was alerted about two other fire accidents on Friday that took place while repair works on personal devices. One incident took place at Block 114, Pasir Ris Street 11 and another at Sembawang Park. However, there were no reports of injuries for these two incidents.

According to SCDF, there has been a rise in fire accidents involving such devices in the country than last year. A total of 38 cases of fire involving personal mobility devices have been reported from January to October this year, compared to 25 cases over the same period last year.

The authorities have urged the members of the public that if they suspect a fault in their devices they should take it to a retailer instead of attempting to repair them on their own.