Sergio Aguero says he is "ready" having completed full training with Manchester City on Thursday just two weeks after breaking his rib in a car crash.
The 29-year-old Argentine was involved in the accident in Amsterdam on his day off last month when he had been attending a music concert, and had initially been ruled out for a month.
But after taking part in light training back at City earlier this week, Aguero posted pictures of himself back in action on social media with the message "I am ready".
Following criticism over his decision to go abroad in the days building up to City's important fixture against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, a game that City went on to win thanks to a Kevin de Bruyne strike, Aguero defended his actions and revealed he could return to the first team against Stoke City this weekend at the Etihad, as reported by Sky Sports.
"I still do not know if I am going to play on Saturday," Aguero told TyC Sports. "I trained normally, but without the group."
Aguero added: "When a player has a free day at Manchester City, most of the players go to London, others to Italy, some to Spain.
"I was lucky that I know the agent of Maluma [a Colombian singer], he invited me and I went. I had almost two days off and going to the airport was when I had that accident.
"Then one thinks 'why did I [go]?', but it's difficult to imagine that something like that could happen."
The Argentina International was involved in an accident on the night of September 28th and narrowly survived a car crash in the Netherlands – thanks to his seatbelt – that broke some of his ribs. The City frontman was attending a Maluma pop concert in the Netherlands when the PT Cruiser he was being driven in was involved in a terrifying smash.
Aguero has been in prime form before the enforced break, having scored seven goals in eight matches for City this season, helping Pep Guardiola's side reach the top of the Premier League and win their first two Champions League group matches.