Rockstar Games has officially tweeted out a fresh gameplay image portraying the arrival of a new Red Dead game in the popular action-RPG franchise. Meanwhile, the gaming community has been widely speculating if this is just a remaster of existing Red Dead Redemption or an entirely new game.
The game maker has updated all of its social media sources including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Newswire with the new Red Dead-themed photo, hinting that something big could be anticipated from Rockstar in the coming weeks or months.
The prolific YouTuber MrBossFTW aka Ross has shed more light on the game content information revealed in the freshly tweeted image from Rockstar. Here are some of those exquisite details as described by Ross in his latest gameplay video on YouTube:
- One can easily notice seven in-game characters standing in the grasslands with some desert-like canyons or mountain ranges in the background as depicted in the new Red Dead-themed gameplay screenshot (see above).
- You will also see the sun setting down in the background as the seven people get ready for another adventurous campaign in the Wild-Wild West scenario. However, it is not clear if all the seven represent the different styles of the same character or seven unique characters altogether.
- There is no hint at the physical traits of these characters. But, it is easily noticeable that each of them is holding different weapon or gun in their hands.
- Additionally, it is evident that no two characters are wearing the same kind of attire as we can see that only a few are wearing the cowboy hats while some others have no head gear. However, all of them do have the western-themed clothing and attire.
- On the weapons front, it is almost confirmed that the next Red Dead game will feature new rifles, shotguns and pistols.
- Contrary to speculative reports suggesting that Rockstar could be planning the release of a remastered edition for the game, Ross opines that it is unlikely to be a PC or console port.
- As the YouTuber has gained access to several other gameplay screenshots pertaining to the purported Red Dead Redemption 3 (RDR3), it is believed that Rockstar will continue to retain its chief protagonists in RDR 3 like it did with the GTA 5.
- Ross confirms that Rockstar has teased the second such image ahead of the highly-anticipated release of RDR 3 in the coming days and weeks. However, it is still impossible to determine the game location or where the game world setting has been done.
More speculation on upcoming Red Dead game
In related news, speculation is rife that John Marston would not be featured in the sequel to original Red Dead game and hence Rockstar is expected to remove the "Redemption" part from the upcoming game title.
However, a Rockstar employee has suggested that the sequel would be renamed as "Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the Old West".
Meanwhile, a Reddit user has spotted a reference on Rockstar's website pointing to some lines of game code attributed to "Red Dead Retribution".
Riding on the success of GTA 5 and GTA Online, Rockstar is expected to limit the main protagonists to just two characters, Seth and Irish, while the third character will be a multiplayer avatar for the online version of the game.
As far as game timeline is concerned, the Red Dead 2 will be set prior to the Red Dead (original). To be precise, the next game or prequel will be set 12 years before the Red Dead Redemption.
The forthcoming Red Dead prequel or sequel is expected to feature a bigger map than the original and the game setup will happen further east than the earlier game.