The latest Pokemon GO updates, v1.7.0 for iOS and v0.37.0 for Android, have introduced the new Buddy Pokemon feature wherein the players can earn the benefits of extra candies by simply walking alongside their buddy. With these extra candies, the process of evolving your rare Pokemons becomes easy and the distance you need to walk will depend on the type of Buddy Pokemon you have chosen in your inventory.
Here is how you setup a Pokemon of your choice as the Buddy Pokemon:
- Open the Pokémon GO app and select your character's icon in the lower left of the game window.
- Now hit the Menu button at the bottom right of your character interface.
- Then tap on the Buddy option.
- You will be prompted to choose a Pokémon as your buddy from the inventory, so select any one by tapping on it.
- You will now receive a confirmation dialog-box that you've chosen a particular Pokémon to be your buddy, so hit the Check Mark button to confirm.
That's it. The Pokemon you selected will appear as your buddy in the game and follow you in your epic quest for hunting the rarest Pokemons in Pokemon GO.
Tip: If you chose the wrong Pokemon on first attempt, just repeat these steps to change your buddy as you wish at any mome