In line with earlier announcement, Niantic Labs has rolled out the latest Pokemon GO update for iOS (v1.11.2) and Android (v0.41.2) with a bunch of new features including Catch Bonuses, improved Gym Training and a slew of bug-fixes for audio and animation issues. New players can now level-up faster as the CP of Pokemon that's defending the gym has been lowered to match with your trainer level.
The new Catch Bonus feature enables trainers to earn bonus points for catching multiple pokemons of a specific type. In addition, the new update allows players to take up to six pokemons with them to a friendly gym.
Earlier, the trainers could bring just one Pokemon to a friendly gym, but the new update has removed this restriction. Avid Pokemon players can check out the full changelog below, before deciding to download the latest game-update for their iOS and Android smartphones:
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
- Fixed several audio issues.
- Decreased the evolution animation time.
- Minor fixes