Philippe Coutinho is in the news yet again, this time for having seen a transfer request to try force a move to Barcelona get shot down by Liverpool.
Coutinho had been subject of a long standing transfer seesaw with repeated interest from Spanish giants Barcelona, who had for more than once indicated that the Brazilian was their key target this summer.
The Reds boss has said that the "timing" of Coutinho's request to leave Liverpool makes it even more out of the question, adding that it's impossible to put a price on the Brazil international because it's too late in the window to try to replace him.
Both Klopp and the club's executives have continued to insist that the player is not for sale, with the German boss telling the Liverpool Echo that the process for a move did not start early enough.
"I had to sell a lot of players in my managerial career," Klopp said.
"Some had clauses, some had no clauses. We had the [Robert] Lewandowski thing [at Dortmund] and that was difficult when he went to Bayern on a free transfer. A lot of different things.
"The only thing I can say about this is that in life everything is about timing -- whichever club asks early enough.
"It's like how we try to do it. If we ask early enough, we try to do it. If you ask early enough, you can either switch the plan of whatever. But you cannot come up, close to the start of the season and things like this."
Liverpool hadn't had the best of lucks in the transfer market, seeing their interest of signing RB Leipzig's Naby Keita rejected by the German club, and also having to apologize to Southampton in an attempt to lure Virgil van Dijk away from St Mary's.
The club's expectation is that Coutinho will act professionally and won't let either his team-mates or the supporters down.
Coutinho reported to Melwood as usual on Friday morning but didn't travel with the squad to Watford ahead of Saturday's game at Vicarage Road due to a back problem.