OnePlus 3 users are in for some good news as the OnePlus team has just rolled out the OxygenOS 3.5.5 community build with a plethora of exciting new features and performance improvements including bug fixes. Although there is no sign of Nougat update yet, OnePlus 3 owners could go ahead and install this open beta software via ADB sideload method.
Existing community build or open beta users will be receiving the new firmware via over-the-air (OTA) update. OnePlus 3 owners are strictly advised to backup their important data on the device to avoid losing personal or user-related data during or after the firmware installation.
Here is the complete list of features ported into this update:
- Added OnePlus FileDash functionality for convenient file transfers
- Added ability to switch launcher layouts
- Integration of Google Map to share locational information in messages
- Redesign of the phone calling UI
- Added personalized ringtone information in contact details
- Added ability to view the entire call history of the selected contact
- Introduction of the OnePlus Community App
- Increased system stability
- General bug fixes
As this update is being released as part of the experimental beta program, the links to the download are likely to be disabled once the OnePlus team has received sufficient feedback to help develop a bug-free Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the OnePlus 3.
Interested users could go ahead and download the beta firmware from the following link:
Also, users can submit their feedback and bug reports at the following links:
- Feedback on UI/UX: https://goo.gl/forms/f4fQjM8gpwyyx66F3
- Bug reporting sheet: https://goo.gl/forms/rDF2I03pLPM14QGk1
Note: Those who are already running open beta builds of OxygenOS will only receive open beta OTAs, but not official OTAs. In order to receive official OTAs, you need to manually flash or clean install (wipe data) the official builds of the OxygenOS.
Once you have downloaded the update from the link provided (above), you can follow our step-by-step guide posted here to install the same on your OnePlus 3.