OnePlus has released the OxygenOS 3.5.1 Community Build with numerous bug fixes for the OnePlus 3 just a week after the flagship phone received the OxygenOS 3.5 update. Although this is an incremental release, it brings a plethora of improvements over the previous build.
According to the official release, the new update returns Dark Mode functionality while Android Pay and system UI tuner are still inoperative. Besides, avid OnePlus fans should note that if they dirty flash (flashing ROM without wiping) from previous build of OxygenOS to 3.5.1, they could lose the home screen setup.
On the brighter side, this update (aka Community Build 2) brings bug fixes for audio issues unearthed in the previous build.
Here's is the complete list of features ported into the OxygenOS 3.5.1 release as reported on the official OnePlus Forums thread:
- Accent color added
- Battery icon customization added
- LED customization added
- Display sRGB added
- Night mode added
- Dark mode theme optimized
- General bug fixes
Interested OnePlus 3 users who are running the stock OxygenOS can go ahead and download the new update here. Alternatively, those who have already installed the OxygenOS 3.5.0 update can check for the new update via Software > Settings menu.
Once you have downloaded the update from the link provided (above), you can follow our step-by-step guide posted below to install the same on your OnePlus 3.
Key Points to Remember
- Back up all your important personal data on the phone including photos, videos, and user files, before you proceed.
- Ensure OxygenOS 3.5 Community Build is installed on your OnePlus 3 and the device must be running the stock Oxygen Recovery.
- Verify that TWRP recovery is installed on the phone and the device is not rooted.
- The OxygenOS 3.5.1 firmware has not been tested with handsets running on Custom ROMs or custom recovery software. If you try to overwrite on custom software, you will risk potentially bricking your device.
- If you flash this Community Build, you will only receive community over-the-air (OTA) updates and not official OTAs. You will need to manually clean install official builds to continue receiving official OTAs.
How to install OxygenOS 3.5.1 Community Build on OnePlus 3
- Download the OxygenOS 3.5.1 build using the link provided (above) on your OnePlus 3. Ensure that you have installed the necessary adb files on your computer.
- Long press the Power button to shut down the device. Then reboot your phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons together.
- Select Install from USB option in the recovery menu and then tap OK to confirm the action. A message window saying: "You are in sideload mode" appears on the screen.
- If you are using TWRP recovery instead of Oxygen Recovery, just follow the instructions provided here.
- Connect your phone to a PC or Mac and run the following command at the command prompt or terminal:
For Windows: "adb sideload "
For Mac/Linux: "./adbsideload "
- Wait for a few minutes and your phone should update the new build, and then reboot automatically into the newly installed OxygenOS.