Google has just began seeding Android 7.0 Nougat-based factory images and OTA files for select Nexus devices with its September security update while the industrious XDA developers have already rolled out the first unofficial CyanogenMod 14 ROM based on Android Nougat for the OnePlus 3.
Android fans who cannot wait for the official release of Android Nougat update for their device can go ahead and install this custom ROM on their devices. However, it must be noted that some key features are still not working with this build including camera, call and alert slider.
Anxious users who would like to get the first-hand experience of Android 7.0 ahead of its official release can try installing this firmware and provide their feedback to the developers.
IBTimes SG will not be held responsible for any damage to device during or after the installation of this ROM. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Mobile Data
- DPI Selectoe
- NFC (maybe)
- Google Play application installing
- Dash Charge
Whats not working:
- Alert Slider
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on OnePlus 3 via CM14 ROM
If upgrading from stock or a different ROM:
- Download and copy the Nougat gapps and CyanogenMod 14 ROM zip files to OnePlus 3
- Ensure either CWM or TWRP recovery is installed on your phone
- Boot into the custom recovery software (CWM or TWRP) that you just installed on your device
- Backup data on your current ROM
- Perform a factory reset by selecting Wipe and then swiping across the screen
- Do a wipe on cache partition, wipe dalvik cache and then format the system partition.
- Now flash the CM14 ROM on your OnePlus 3
- Reboot the phone into recovery and then flash Google Apps package
- Reboot again and you are all set to enjoy CyanogenMod 14 Nougat ROM on your OnePlus 3.
Upgrading from earlier version of CM14 Nougat ROM for OnePlus 3:
- Copy the CM14 ROM zip file to your phone
- Boot the phone into recovery
- Flash the latest CM14 ROM zip file from your phone
- Flash the Gapps package for CM14 ROM
- Reboot the phone and enjoy Android Nougat on your OnePlus 3