Apple has just rolled out the iOS 10.0.3 bug-fix update to address the cellular-connectivity issues on iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models, particularly those handsets that are running on Verizon's network. The new iOS 10 update is now available for download via the device's Settings > General > Software Update option or from the direct links provided below.
iOS 10.0.3 is an interim-maintenance update that's being released ahead of the iOS 10.1 public release, which is currently under extensive beta-testing. The iOS 10.1 final version is expected to release in a couple of weeks with a new Portrait mode feature that enables depth-of-field effect.
iOS 10.0.3 IPSW direct download links
How to clean install iOS 10.0.3
- Install the latest version of iTunes (v12.5.1) for your Mac or Windows computer.
- Download the appropriate IPSW files for your device or model using the links provided above.
- Disable Find My iPhone feature on the device as follows: Go to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and toggle it off.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to the computer via USB cable.
- Open iTunes and choose your device from the source list.
- Press and hold the Shift key (Windows) or Alt key (Mac) and then hit the Restore iPhone button. iTunes will ask you to select the IPSW firmware file for your device.
- Select the appropriate iOS 10.0.3 IPSW file you downloaded earlier and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation setup.
- Wait until the installation completes and then your device should automatically reboot into to the Home or Hello screen in iOS 10.