International Women's Day (IWD) will be celebrated around the world on 8 March, to honour the economic, political and social achievements of women. The theme for 2016 is Pledge for Parity.
In order to celebrate the International Women's Day 2016, IBTimes Singapore has hand-picked inspirational quotes on women empowerment.
- "A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt
- "I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved." - B. R. Ambedkar
- "Women are made to be loved, not understood." - Oscar Wilde
- "Woman's guess is much more accurate than a man's certainty." - Rudyard Kipling
- "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition." - Marilyn Monroe
- "Women have always been the strong ones of the world. The men are always seeking from women a little pillow to put their heads down on. They are always longing for the mother who held them as infants." - Coco Chanel
- "You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it." - Maya Angelou
- "A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult. It's complicated by the fact that in most nations women receive substantially less education than men." - Melinda Gates
- "I really don't think I need buns of steel. I'd be happy with buns of cinnamon." - Ellen DeGeneres
- "Extremists have shown what frightens them the most: a girl with a book." - Malala Yousafzai