Avid WhatsApp users are in for some good news as some industrious third-party app developers have released the advanced version of WhatsApp aka WhatsApp++ IPA for all iPhones running iOS 10. The enhanced version of WhatsApp for iOS is capable of running two difference instances of WhatsApp on the same phone wherein one runs via the App Store while the other uses the new WhatsApp++ account.
The WhatsApp++ tweak works on all non-jailbroken iPhones with the latest version of iOS 10 installed. Assuming that you have the required hardware and software, let's proceed with the step-by-step guide posted below for installing the enhanced or modified version of WhatsApp in iOS 10.
- A Mac running the latest OS X software or macOS Sierra and alternatively, you can try installing hackintosh on your PC.
- iPhone running any version of iOS 9.3 through iOS 10.1
- Xcode 8 or higher installed via the Mac App Store
- Create an Apple Developer account ID via applied.apple.com, if you don't own one already. You could use the full annual version of the Apple Developer account (re-sideloading must be done after one year) or the free version which requires you to re-sideload the app after every seven days.
Steps to install WhatsApp++ on iPhone without jailbreak
- Launch Xcode on the Mac
- Download ppsideloader zip package and the WhatsApp++ IPA file from the links provided above
- Unzip the ppsideloader package you downloaded earlier and you should get an IPA file inside the extracted folder. Just replace this IPA file with the downloaded WhatsApp++ file after renaming it to app.ipa, so that it will replace the original app.ipa file in the same folder.
- Within the same folder, launch the ppsideloader.xcodeproj file. Now the project file will get launched within the Xcode app.
- Keeping the Xcode app open, just select Xcode > Preferences from the menu bar on top. Then choose Accounts tab > hit the '+' button and then select the Add Apple ID... option in the ensuing window. Finally, sign in to your Apple Developer account using your user ID and password.
- Return to the main Xcode window and choose the ppsideloader on the left-side panel. Modify the bundle identifier as per your choice. For instance, the identifier could look like com.[yourname]. whatsapp, which can be renamed as whatsapp-ibt.
- Now select your Apple ID from the Team drop-down box and then hit the Fix Issue button to resolve the ensuing error message.
- Choose the appropriate iOS version installed on your device via the Deployment Target selection box. In this case, it is recommended to choose iOS 9.3 by default even if your device is running iOS 10.
- Ensure that your phone is connected to your Mac and the connected device is selected from the targets option in Xcode.
- Now click on the build and run button or hit the CMD+R keys to compile the files and transfer them to your device. Wait until the process completes and then Xcode will sen a pop-up notification that says, "Finished running WhatsApp on iPhone."
That's it. You have successfully installed WhatsApp++ on your non-jailbroken iOS device.
- If you try launching the WhatsApp+ app on your iPhone, it will fail to launch as it is from an untrusted developer. You can fix this problem by launching the Settings app and choosing Trust from General > Profiles > name of the developer. Hit Trust again to confirm the action.
- On some iOS versions, the same option is accessible through General > Profiles and Device Management or General > Device Management. Return to the Home screen and try launching the WhatsApp++ app and it should now work seamlessly.
[Source: Redmond Pie]