Avid Pokemon fans no longer need to worry about the Pokemon GO APK ban as they can now download the game file directly from Google Play Store anywhere in the world, using a simple guide. One the contrary, the iOS users do not have a direct APK installation file and must follow the steps outlined in our previous guide posted here.
Those who are a bit sceptical or paranoid about installing third-party APK files may go ahead and use the direct installation method via Google Play Store as outlined below.
Steps to install Pokemon GO APK for Android directly via Google Play Store anywhere in the world
- Open the following Google Play Store link in your Chrome desktop browser: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nianticlabs.pokemongo Note: Chrome is the preferred browser for this method as it supports extensions.
- Ensure that APK Downloader extension is also installed on your computer.
- If you cannot find the APK extension on the Chrome extensions store, just search for it on Google by typing 'APK downloader' and you should find it.
- Using this method requires you to download and install a Device ID app on your phone or tablet. The Device ID app can be downloaded via Google Play (click to download).
- Once you have installed the app, just launch it and note down the Android Device ID displayed at the top of the app window.
- You will be prompted to enter your email ID, password and the Device ID in the ensuing pop-up window within the Chrome browser. This will add the new APK Downloader extension to your browser.
- Refresh or reload the Google Play Store page in the browser and a new Download APK button should show up. Just click on the button.
- Now connect your Android phone to the PC via USB and copy/paste or drag/drop the downloaded file to your Downloads folder.
- Navigate to Settings > Security menu and enable the option to "allow installation of apps from unknown sources."
- Finally, open the Downloads folder where you copied the APK file and then tap the Pokemon GO APK to install it on your device.
That's it. You can now enjoy playing Nintendo's new augmented-reality game 'Pokemon GO' on your favourite Android device via Google's original APK files.